Electrical Fires: Prevention TipsWe don’t think often about electrical fires. But, they are more common than you think. In fact, according to the National Fire Protection Association, there were an estimated 47,700 home fires caused by electrical failure or malfunction in the year 2011. As you can see, it’s important that you know what causes electrical fires, so that you can work to prevent damage to your home, and harm to your family. As Denver electricians, we have years of experience helping people troubleshoot potential electrical wiring issues. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to call one of our experienced and licensed electricians!

Lightbulb IconMalfunctions

When wiring isn’t installed correctly, it can lead to overloaded circuits, which can overheat and cause a fire. Also, some outlets and plugs can be faulty, and cause an electrical shock or fire. The best way to avoid an electrical failure or malfunction is to hire a licensed, experienced professional electrician to complete installation. This will insure that the wiring is installed safely and correctly.

Lightbulb Icon

Christmas Light Fires

Around the holidays, we all put up festive lights as we celebrate Christmas and the holidays. This includes lights, candles, and other decorations. When too many are installed, it can overload circuits, causing them to spark and create a fire. Always make sure you don’t overload your circuits when you’re installing your decorations!

Lightbulb Icon

Appliance Problems

Appliances get old and can cause electrical fires. It’s important to maintain your appliances and check them to make sure the wires aren’t getting frayed and old. Keep in mind that newer appliances often use less power, and are more energy-efficient!

Call Electric Doctor to for an Inspection to Avoid Electrical Fires

It’s important that you make sure your home’s electrical wiring is installed properly. If you’re ever in doubt, give one of our experienced Englewood electricians a call. We are happy to take a look at the problem and make sure there are no electrical issues, or danger of an electrical fire. Give us a call today!

[button link=”tel:303-973-2551″ type=”big”] Call Us Now[/button]