5 signs of electrical wiring problemsElectrical wiring problems can go undiagnosed for years: Don’t let the warning signs slip by, or you could put you and your family in danger from an electrical fire or malfunction. If you see any of these 5 warning signs, call an experienced electrician at Electric Doctor to perform an inspection of your electrical system, and repair any electrical wiring that is damaged or installed incorrectly.

1. Frequently Tripped Breakers

Circuit breakers are designed to trip and turn off circuits automatically – all you have to do to get power is to manually put the switch back. But, a warning sign that you have electrical wiring problems is a circuit that trips constantly. That means you are likely overloading it, or there is a short in the wiring. Either way, it is something you need to have examined, as it could result in a fire.

2. Buzzing or Vibrating Appliances/Lights

If your appliances or lights buzz, vibrate, or buzz when you turn them on, it can be sign of an electrical wiring problem. It could be something as simple as a bad wire or bad lamp/appliance. But, it could also be a wiring issue. It’s best to have an electrician examine the wiring in your home to make sure it is still safe.

3. Sparks or a Burning Odor

If you notice a burning smell emanating from switches or outlets, turn the power off at the electrical panel immediately. You could simply have a faulty outlet or bad appliance, but it could also be an overload or bad wiring issue. A burning smell could be a precursor to an electrical fire, so be watchful and take steps to solve the issue immediately upon noticing it.

4. Electrical Shocks

While electrical shocks can be nothing to worry about (such as shocks from static electricity I the carpet), larger shocks, such as after touching an appliance, need to be taken very seriously. These kinds of electrical shocks can be a warning that your home’s wiring has a problem. It’s important that you take electrical wiring problems seriously, and call a licensed electrician to check it out.

5. Dimming Lights

If you notice that some appliances stop working as well when you turn on other appliances, it could be a sign that you are overloading your circuits or wiring. For example, if the lights in your living room dim whenever you run the vacuum cleaner, or the microwave doesn’t run as well if your lights are on, it is a sign of a problem.

Call for a Simple Electrical Inspection

If you notice any of the warning signs above, it is wise to call a licensed electrician to perform a quick electrical inspection. Electrical wiring problems may not seem like a big issue, but electrical fires are dangerous. Your home could be damaged, and your family could be put in danger. It is important that you have a licensed electrician inspect your home, as shoddy work could be the reason for your electrical issues. Call Electric Doctor: We are fully licensed, insured, and have years of experience. Call today!

[button link=”tel:303-973-2551″ type=”big”] Call Us Now[/button]